Summer is almost coming to an end and it’s high time I take advantage of the fresh seasonal fruits. Being a comfort food and so simple to make, I just made it with whatever fuit I had available. This was my very first time making the summer fruit cobbler dessert and I loved it! I made mine with apples, blueberries, peaches and red currents. The merge of 2 sweet fruits with 2 sour ones gave it an amazing flavour and taste.
You can use fresh or frozen fruits, but when in season, I would rather use all fresh fruit. I totally loved how my apple and peach crumble turned out the other day so I cooked the fruit first in the same manner as the crumble. Then I added it to the batter.
A bit of History :
Cobblers originated in the British American colonies. English settlers were unable to make traditional suet puddings due to lack of suitable ingredients and cooking equipment, so instead covered a stewed filling with a layer of uncooked plain biscuits, scone batter or dumplings, fitted together. Some cobbler recipes, especially in the American South, resemble a thick-crusted, deep-dish pie with both a top and bottom crust.
Are you ready to make this easy and delicious Summer Fruit Cobbler Dessert?
Juicy sweet fruit & berries and a buttery rich batter topping come together in this simple fruity cobbler. You can use your favorite berries and if they are out of season, simply use the frozen ones. There is nothing more delightful than having this dessert with Ice Cream! So what are you waiting for…need I say more?
Other Desserts you may like :
Quick no bake Yogurt cheesecake in a glass
Creamy Blueberry Coconut Popsicles.
Dairy free chocolate coconut popsicles.
Sugar-Free Mango Coconut popsicles
Zesty Orange Coconut popsicles
Summer Fruit Cobbler
- Method :
- Melt butter and add spices. Stir in the sugar until it becomes a light caramel colour.
- Deglaze with orange juice. Add the fruits and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Set aside and prepare the cobbler batter.
- With rack in the centre of the oven, pre-heat to 375° F. Put the butter into a 10-inch skillet or 3-quart baking dish and put the skillet or dish in the oven to melt the butter while the oven is heating.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. Add the milk and stir just until combined. A few small lumps are fine.
- When the butter is fully melted, take the skillet out of the oven and pour the batter over the melted butter. Do not mix it together. Scatter the fruit over the batter, keeping most of it in the middle of the dish, rather than the edges. Do not mix it in, either.
- Bake until the top is a rich golden-brown, 30 to 45 minutes (mine took 30 minutes).
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and some fresh currents.
I hope you will try this simple Summer Fruit Cobbler Dessert and give me your comments below. Leave a star rating by clicking the stars in the recipe card or tag @sweetsharings in a photo of your dessert with hashtag #sweetsharings on Instagram!
Don’t miss a single post or recipe! Subscribe to receive new recipes straight to your inbox!